high-waisted.

 Top: Forever 21 (on sale!) | Shorts: Forever 21 (old, but love these + all of my picks below)
Heels: Steve Madden | Clutch: Gap
Bracelets: Asos and vintage | Earrings: Aldo (old)

If you've been following me awhile or even if you just check in occasionally, you've probably noticed that I l.o.v.e. high-waisted shorts and skirts! I personally think that high-waisted a-line skirts, maxi skirts and even skater skirts are some of the most flattering pieces out there! I purchased this pair of printed, high-waisted shorts a few years ago, but they've proven to be more versatile than I ever would have imagined. They make for a great summer-to-fall transitional going out look like here (hemlines for hot temps in fall colors), or can even be styled for winter over tights like I did in this post.

Some high-waisted shorts that are perfect for a transitional look:



Get my look:

xo,
Jacy


19 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! Those shorts are beautiful :)
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta el estampado de tus shorts!!! Estás estupenda, Jacy!!!
    Un beso!

    http://cocoolook.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shorts are so cute, love this outfit and the little studs on the sleeves.

    xo
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shorts are adorable. The print is great and your styling is superb with the chic clutch and heels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These shorts are amazing! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These shorts are super cute on you and definitely flattering. Love it!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at those legs! I love high waited items because they make legs look so long! Looking gorgeous!

    http://www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love high waisted clothing as well. Love these shorts! I love the rich colors, especially that deep blue/purple. So pretty! The studs on the shirt are really cute and add a little edge to the outfit. : )

    xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shorts are so cute, love the print. And the sleeve details on your top is so cute.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite pair of shorts & jeans are high waisted-- but you definitely need to know how to wear them to pull them off! Love that envelope clutch!
    xx Corinne
    Cat Eyes & Thigh Highs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look is great! I particularly love your clutch and your shoes, fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your shorts!!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both ways you've styled the shorts. I love a good transitional piece...one less thing to pack away in seasonal storage!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so cute in this outfit! Stylish from head to toe! And that clutch is amazing! :)

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't personally tried high waisted shorts, but they look great on you!

    This whole outfit is so stylish and I love that it's a little bit edgy too.

    Love it :)

    xoxo Jackie
    http://somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like this whole look! I can't even pick out an item that I like the best, but the way that they all fit together and complement each other is incredible. Great job!

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!
xo, Jacy

BLOG DESIGN BY MARCH17.DESIGNS